Руководители: Head of Personnel
Цитата: You point at the wet floor sign.
Your job is to mop up blood, oil, dust and vomit, replace broken or missing light bulbs and tubes, and pick up litter. It's more fun than it sounds!
Bare minimum requirements: Replace broken lights. Run around space cleaner-ing overly large messes in case of demons. If you are going to wet floors, use wet floor signs.
Stellar Patrol, it's not a job, it's an adventure!
You have the most
important time consuming, under appreciated and eventually pointless job on the station. You keep small areas from looking shitty while the areas you've already cleaned are covered with blood and litter again. You'll clean floors, toss out junk, replace broken lights and overall, keep the station resembling a workplace and not an anarchist playground!
Much of this equipment is acquired from your JaniDrobe vendor in your Custodial Closet or the Service Techlab.
Galoshes that prevent you from slipping on wet floors and items such as bananas and the clown's PDA, but do nothing on space lubed floors
An extremely convenient spray bottle of space cleaner that will sadly run out quickly and need to be replenished by chemistry. These don't wet the floor, so you don't need to carry around signs/a projector and wear galoshes. The crew would much rather you use this over running around creating obnoxious safety hazards, but you can't refill them nearly as easily as a cart.
Three space cleaner foam grenades.
A bucket for filling your janitorial cart. You can put it in your bag full of water for an emergency refill, somehow. Can be worn, but doesn't really do anything apart from making you look stupid. Try checking if it's empty first.
A mop for mopping floors. Need to be wet regularly. Fits in your backpack
A broom for sweeping trash. Click to sweep toward the tile you're facing, or press 'Use' it to wield in both hands and start pushing trash you walk over.
Some wet floor signs. You can wear them for some very basic brute damage protection, don't expect it to save your life from anything other than a drunk assistant.
A holographic sign projector. You can press 'Use' to clear all the ones you've put down. Much more useful and convenient than having to go back and collect physical signs.
A bio-suit and its hood. Those protect from almost all radiation, direct exposure to chemicals, and contact-spreading diseases. Require internals to protect you from airborne viruses. The suit slows you down. The hood prevent facehuggers from raping you and conceal your identity.
A water tank to fill your janitorial cart from, using your bucket.
Two boxes of light bulbs to refill your light replacer or give to assistants so they can help replace lights.
A light replacer used to remove broken light tubes/bulbs from light fixtures and replace them with new ones with one click. Alternatively, use in hand while standing under a fixture with broken light to automatically replace it. Refilled with light tubes/bulbs (including broken ones) and glass.
A trash bag. Equippable in the exosuit slot of bio-suits , the Janicart and the cart. Use it on tiny or small items to pick them up. Use on a disposal bin to empty. You can also store this in your Janicart . To take it off, right-click the Janicart while ridden, or simply interact with it otherwise.
A box of mousetraps to kill mice that never leave maintenance without assistance
Two bear traps for trapping space bears or your colleagues.
Some paint remover for cleaning up graffiti and floor stains.
A janitorial cart which holds a mop bucket, four signs, a mop, a spray bottle, a trash bag and a light replacer.
A janibelt, a belt that can hold many of your standard issue items.
The janicart, a PIMPIN' RIDE. The key spawns nearby. Drag yourself onto the cart to ride, then insert key into it to be able to start moving. You can remove the key by alt-clicking the janicart. To unbuckle from the vehicle, click the janicart or press 'Resist' (defaults to B).
A wire brush allowing you to remove dust, most notably from walls. It has a noticeable delay, similarly to soap or damp rags.
Most important, you have your purple soft cap to signify
your duty to the station who to lynch when the Clown is wetting floors.
Wet Floor Signs
Drop warning signs where you mop. People get pissed when you don't. You don't have enough to cover every area you clean and between lag and every player running everywhere they're usually not spotted until people are already on their backs, but they can't blame you for doing what you can!
Shaking up those you slipped maintains favour with the crew. Do this with
. Smugly pointing at one of your signs incurs their ire.
Also, if people are chasing you, throw a bucket of water behind you, or where they will run into it, as they likely want to steal from you (your shoes are valuable). Or fill your spray bottle with a little water to quickly take down huge amounts of people.
People assume if someone slips, it was your doing. This may not be true. Often it was the chemist with space lube, or a clown with a bucket of water. It's possible to differentiate between slipping on a wet floor and slipping on a lubed floor.
Make sure the detective has cleared a scene before you clean up an area of some blood. Follow people dragging bodies to the medical bay; they leave long trails of blood which means more work for you.
People are going to accidentally charge your cart halfway down the hallway. Kind people will get on the other side of it and push it back to you. There's no avoiding this, apart from not using the cart and relying on the space cleaner , or using the mop with buckets of water held on your person. This would require you to carry signs too.
Cleaning Without Being Lynched
Your janitorial cart can hold up to 100 units of liquid. This does not need to be straight water. If you're able to get Chemistry to give you 50 units of ammonia, you can mix it with 50 units of water. Congratulations! You just created 100 units of Space Cleaner. Mopping the floor with Space Cleaner does not leave it slippery. People might still assume that if you're mopping without the signs that you're creating a safety hazard, so make sure to correct them BEFORE they choke you to death.
The bars of soap are a great cleaning implement on the station. They don't leave slippery puddles behind, and they're good for getting those hard-to-reach places (like that vomit under the surgery table) that cleaning grenades can't. Your bar of Nanotrasen brand soap is limited to 300 uses.
Remember that your bottle of Space Cleaner can clean tiles instantly as well. If you aim far enough from your position, you can clean up to five tiles in a single spray. Useful to quickly clean up your evidence.
By right-clicking on the spray bottle, you can tip the contents out of it.
Spray people with space cleaner if they are covered in blood around their head and chest (but not if they have bloody gloves). This usually makes people happy, as security officers won't hound them as much. Sometimes the station needs a hero though, all you need to do is mop the right floor, or spray water at the right time to stop the worst fiend humanity has ever known.
Advanced Sanitation Gear
- TheAdvanced Mop, which works like your ordinary mop, but it's faster, stronger and generates its own water.
- TheTrashbags of Holding that may hold a huge amount of tiny and small items. A quality of life improvement.
- An advanced wire brush. This version of the wire brush allows a much faster removal of rust, at the cost of receiving at least 20 radiation damages per use.
- Two upgrades for the janicart (the drivable one). They may be installed by clinking on the vehicle while holding the upgrade in hand, and removed with a screwdriver. Those two upgrades are, however, exclusive.
Assembling a Crazy Cleaning Crew
If you give an assistant galoshes, mop and janicart, and just use your space cleaner, you can assemble a multi-man mess elimination team. You could give additional assistants extra spray bottles if you can find them, and on some maps you can find an extra mop and mop bucket (a retro janicart without slots for tools) to give to a third assistant.
There's totally no way that this could backfire. Everybody knows how hardworking and trustworthy assistants are. There's absolutely zero chance that an assistant will just take your no-slip shoes and run.
- Your PDA has a Custodial Locator. Use this to locate your janitorial cart or mop . This can also help you find your Custodial Closet, since that's where those items spawn.
- Mopping and cleaning cobwebs allow your character to gain Cleaning experience. This skill allows you to clean faster, eventually mopping near instantly, and receive a Legendary Janitor cape.
- The cleanbots are able to clean tiles automatically and autonomously, and might clean maintenance if the airlock is open.
- Your ID has access to the settings of cleanbots. Click a cleanbot with your ID or through alt+click to unlock it. You can then click the robot to alter its settings and turn it on or off.
- If you're planning on leveling your Cleaning skill, do not open airlocks to maintenance when they're close and
robust them awayturn them off if necessary.
- Instead of refilling the Light Replacer with light tubes/bulbs, you can refill it with glass sheets .
- Lost your galoshes? Need more default Cleaner Grenades or buckets? Cargo can order a Janitorial Cart and Galoshes Crate and a Janitorial Supply crate, if you ask nicely.
- Clicking a spray bottle while it's in your hand actually changes the pressure knob to use less of the content when sprayed. (Alternates between 2 and 5)
- Right-Clicking on a spray bottle gives you the option to empty it.
- Learn how to mix space cleaner. This will make refilling your space cleaner bottle easier for when the chemist can't be bothered.
- Chemistry can make drying agent. If splashed on your galoshes with
- Xenobiology can create speed potions. Use these on your galoshes and/or janicart to make them faster.
Tips for Traitoring
- A backpack full of mousetraps is by far one of the most annoying things to deal with when Security is searching you.
- Cleaner Grenades can potentially stop an entire party of pursuers by slipping them, or forcing them to stop. Your galoshes make you immune to slipping on foam, water or soap yourself.
- Emagging a light replacer will make the replaced light explode when turned on. This, when used with care, can help you set up deadly traps when someone presses the light switch.
Conspicuously Clean Floors
As a traitor you're going to have a
hard time Fun time. Although you are capable of cleaning up your evidence and prints, you have little access to the station. The best you can do is throw water in front of your target so he falls, drag him into the nearest maintenance tunnel, and beat him dead with your mop a fire extinguisher. Be practical.
Your garbage bag is handy for hiding objects in, as it's rarely checked during a search.
A bear trap can slow someone until someone else is kind enough to remove it from their leg. You don't need a low light area to hide it, you can place it under an object with a large sprite such as a backpack or pizza box, or you can just leave it uncovered and wait for the inevitable runner to zoom into it without time to notice it and stop.
Your light replacer can also be used to set deadly traps. Emagging your light replacer will make all lights you replace be rigged with plasma, causing them to explode when they are turned on. Be cautious though, replacing an active with an emagged-light replacer will instantly cause the light bulb to explode! Turn off the light first!
Your galoshes and spray bottle/mop can be used with water to create visible slippery tiles that cause reasonably long stuns on those who run across them, without slipping you. You can also use your galoshes and your cleaner grenades (which you can order more of through cargo) to create a large area that cannot be crossed by anyone but hulks, traitors with noslips, and you. Anyone caught on the foam area will not be able to move until it disperses without slipping. You can cross the foam and walk into someone to slip them, provided you're moving them onto a foam tile. The foam will stun them long enough to handcuff them, choke them, beat them and cause more knockdowns, or remove their headset.
Your galoshes are no-slips with a small slowdown and it's suspicious of you not to be wearing them. Beg the Hop for chem access ("for more space cleaner") or break in and fill stuff with lube. Your backpack water tank and spray-bottle can be filled with pepper-spray at the arrivals checkpoint. Just look at those TC savings!
You can often ask the Head of Personnel for more access to clean. This may get you into the department your target works in. You can sometimes dodge a search by claiming you're just there to clean.
You have maintenance as a janitor, despite the fact you're probably not going to clean there. Most positions don't have maintenance. Use this to your advantage. You also have an escape chute in your custodial closet (your disposal), and a back door that leads into maintenance.