| Руководители: The Broodmother, or xenobiologist that made your Broodmother sentient.
Сложность: Easy to Medium
Обязанности: Hunt down those carbons and make massive nests of webbing.
Руководства: This is the guide
Дополнительный доступ: Wherever you can smash your way into
Цитата: Good luck, I'm behind 7000 webs.
Giant Spiders are the worst thing a traitor xenobiologist can release, their sheer numbers and strength alone are enough to overwhelm an entire station.
|10-20 Brute Damage, 5u of Toxin
|A specialized hunter spider variant produced from the Changeling spread infestation ability. Unlike other spiders, it is self sufficient and can heal by attacking itself. Flesh spiders are hostile to all other lifeforms and can attack discriminately.
|Varying Brute Damage, Injects Frost Oil
|Giant spiders immune to temperature damage, allowing them to survive in hazardous places. These spiders cannot be seen in-game outside of divine intervention.
This is a baby spider, created by either hydroponics trays, or strange alien organs. They have a suprisingly high amount of health and they move around fast, but don't attack and are not player controlled. They will run around for awhile until they grow into a big spider. They can and most certainly will use vents, so they're very good at not getting killed.
So you're a spider
It seems science has gone too far! The spider will, depending on it's type, either go around killing, or laying eggs for the next generation of killers, or both. Some are better at the former, and others are better at the latter.
The most important thing for spiders is ensuring that there will be another generation for the spiders. If you're just starting out, getting your first kill is the most important part of ensuring the survival of your species as enriched eggs can grow into new broodmother spiders to produce eggs. If you came from xenobiology, follow your directives, damnit! They are your most important objective, more so than other spiders.
This ability is used by all spiders, and by god is it great. Placing webbing will have a chance to prevent carbons from moving. Only decent, right? Well, it gets even better; webs can block all projectiles, such as laser shots or shotgun pellets, from passing through them.
The heart of the spiders. Keep the broodmother safe; if they die there will be no more eggs.
- Wrap Prey - Activate to wrap a nearby human in a cocoon, sucking out their inner fluids and killing them. Doing this will allow you to lay an enriched egg cluster.
- Lay Eggs - Causes you to lay a cluster of eggs. These eggs will soon mature, and ghosts can use them to spawn as one of the three common spider types. This is your most important ability, and you should be using it as often as possible to keep your nest secure!
- Lay Enriched Eggs - Create a cluster of purple eggs. These will grow into one of the three uncommon spider types, which are far stronger. Keep a steady supply of these, as they are nessecary for creating new Broodmothers if the original happens to die.
- Set Directive - Use to establish a directive for your spider babies to
- Command - Sends a message in big purple text to all living spiders. Good for coordinating attacks.
A nessecary support role for every spider nest.
- Lay Web - Nurse Spiders can lay webs four times faster than other spider types.
- Mending - On top of this, Nurse spiders are capable of healing other spider types by attacking them.
Able to soak up enemy fire with its huge health pool, making it a powerful protector role. Stay on the webs and work with the Nurse! They also excel at destroying structures, airlocks, or whatever obstacle may be in its way.
- Web Movement - Tarantulas move at a normal speed while in webbing, but are extremely slow when they're not.
- Charge - An ability unique to Tarantulas. Activating it allows you to charge at a target at increased speeds. If you hit your target, you'll knock them to the floor. Otherwise, you'll stun yourself.
Fighting the spiders
Kill the Broodmothers
Remember, only Broodmother spiders can reproduce. If you kill all of them, you've already won. And, on top of that, they're easy to kill if you're careful. With only 40 health, a couple swings with any decent blunt weapon will take them out. They still are venomous so even if you kill them they can really injure you with toxins, so carry some medicines. Avoid other spiders if you can, as they're the ones who can wreck you.
Flood with space
Spiders still breathe, which makes getting a spacesuit and removing the station's air pretty viable. Now, obviously, this will incur the ire of your fellow spacemens, so it's more of a last resort. It does do a stellar job of killing spiders, though, as they can't put on a spacesuit. If you want to kill a lot of spiders without also turning your space station into a spaced station, you could just...
Spider's webbing is their bread and butter. If they can't fight you, which hopefully is the case, the smart ones will recede back into their webbing and taunt you. Don't fall for it! Once you enter the webbing, the spider can destroy you, as you cannot move in some of the bigger webs.
Relevant Code Changes