Rapid Construction Device (RCD)
Местонахождение: EVA, Engi-Vend, Cargo and Engineering Protolathe (after research)
Используется для: Making and destroying walls, windows, airlocks, and floors.
Стратегия сражения: You can repair hull breaches and rebuild walls very quickly. Extremely useful when the Clockwork Cult strikes.
An experimental device which can build, or deconstruct areas rapidly. This is held in the EVA for emergencies (and is the Chief Engineer's responsibility). However they can be made in hacked autolathes as well.
Use this tool in hand to open a radial menu, where you can choose mode and change many settings, such as airlock access, airlock type and window type.
- Build Floors (2 Ammo)
- Build a Wall (16 Ammo)
- Build a wall on top of a girder (8 Ammo)
- Build a Grille (4 Ammo)
- Build a Window (8 Ammo)
- Build a Reinforced Window (12 Ammo)
- Build an airlock (16 Ammo)
- Deconstruct a girder(13 Ammo)
- Deconstruct a wall(26 Ammo) (Can't deconstruct reinforced walls, unless it's a cyborg or mech RCD)
- Deconstruct a floor tile into space(33 Ammo)
- Deconstruct a grille(4 Ammo)
- Deconstruct a window(8 Ammo)
- Deconstruct an airlock(32 Ammo)
Can be loaded with Compressed Matter Cartridges and regular metal and glass sheets. One Cartridge holds 40 units, with 160 being the maximum. Be forewarned that changing RCD mode can cause it to emit sparks, which can cause fires in plasma-rich environments.
It also can robust the shit out people. Or AIs, if needed.
- Can be upgraded with an RCD advanced design disk, which can be printed from the engineering protolathe after research. This lets the RCD create:
- Wired/wrenched machine frames
- Computer frames
- Simple circuits, which contain the designs for firelock, air alarm, fire alarm, apc circuits and basic power cells. These work the same as the engineering cyborg's Electroadaptive Pseudocircuit.
- Can also be upgraded with an Advanced RCD silo link upgrade, which can be printed from the engineering protolathe after research. With this upgrade, the RCD can be used on an Ore Silo to permanently link it. Afterwards, use the radial menu of the RCD to select an option there which makes it pull materials directly from that silo. It can be toggled back to using its internal storage at any time.